Pages

goggle search

Monday, March 24, 2014

Coupon Target Haul



OK I have a new friend that is showing me the ropes as a savings queen, I would say a coupon queen but its more than just clipping coupons.  Let me show you why.
At Target today I purchased 2 bags of Iams Original cat food, 1 Arm and Hammer Clump & Seal cat litter, 1 Party Mix cat treats and 14 cans for Iams wet cat food. My total before coupons $42.64. 

With manufacturer coupons
Store coupons
$10.00 off if I spend $40.00 or more in the pet department
Free with purchase items (2 cans of wet cat food and cat treat were free).

My total came to $15.96 
Awesome right...but it didn't end there, E-bates sent me a $10.00 Target gift card when I made my first purchase through them.
My end total
 $5.69

I want to stress something here, saving money like this is a part time job.  And I don't buy items I do not use.  I have certain stores that I shop at and I carry around a three ring binder and take it with me every time I leave the house.
I have allergies to all the garbage they put in food so I am very restricted to where I grocery shop at and what I buy.  So most of my food savings is few and far between, but I do find some. 
This savings at Target is a normal shopping trip for me.  The trick is to shop sales only.
My coupons came from the news paper, coupons.com and Target.com (target has there own coupons)  At certain stores like Target you can use a store coupon and a manufacturer for one item.  This is where the extra savings comes in.
If your family likes a certain brand and you buy it often check out that company on the web, if they don't have coupons listed write them a letter explain why you like it so much and could they send you coupons.  You wont believe what you might get.  I recently contacted one of the very few restaurants that I could eat at.  Not only did they UPS me $50.00 in gift cards, but they invited me and my children to the grand opening kick off party that is invite only.  WOO HOO!

I will share my other hauls as I do them, so you can get an idea's of how to do this for yourself. 
Good Luck and happy savings.

No comments: